Investment: Research Partners
Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a leading provider of investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and Banking solutions for corporations, institutions and affluent individuals worldwide. Northern Trust, a multibank holding company based in Chicago, has a growing network of 79 offices in 18 U.S. states and has 16 international offices.
Founded in 1889, Northern Trust also owns two investment management subsidiaries, Northern Trust Investments, N.A. and Northern Trust Global Advisors, Inc. As of December 31, 2012, Northern Trust Corporation had approximately $97 billion in banking assets, $758.9 billion in assets under management and $4.8 trillion in assets under custody.
- A consistent, highly focused business strategy
- Leading edge technologies
- Global custody capabilities in 95 financial markets
- Economies of scale with $4.8 trillion of assets under custody as of December 31, 2012
- A fiduciary heritage that goes back 120 years
- A strong risk management culture