Northern Trust Corporation (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a leading provider of investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and Banking solutions for corporations, institutions and affluent individuals worldwide. Northern Trust, a multibank holding company based in Chicago, has a growing network of 79 offices in 18 U.S. states and has 16 international offices.
Founded in 1889, Northern Trust also owns two investment management subsidiaries, Northern Trust Investments, N.A. and Northern Trust Global Advisors, Inc. As of September 30, 2015, Northern Trust Corporation had approximately $120 billion in banking assets, $887 billion in assets under management and $6.0 trillion in assets under custody.
Why we use Northern Trust Research:
- A consistent, highly focused business strategy
- Leading edge technologies
- Global custody capabilities in 95 financial markets
- Economies of scale with $6.0 trillion of assets under custody as of September 30, 2015.
- A fiduciary heritage that goes back 125 years
- A strong risk management culture